HHYF SEEKS PART-TIME OFFICE MANAGER
-- Sent on behalf of the Harness Horse Youth Foundation
MANALAPAN, NJ -- February 12, 2018 -- The Harness Horse Youth Foundation (HHYF) is seeking a part-time Office Manager with in-depth knowledge of social media and experience with administrative tasks, as well as general knowledge of the horse industry. The Office Manager will oversee office operations, including maintenance of HHYF website and social media accounts as well as assist with program services including camps.
This will be a salaried, remote position and require 20-25 hours of work per week. Full job description below. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and two professional references to email@example.com.
Description: The Office Manager works closely with the Executive Director, HHYF board of trustees and other staff members. This individual is responsible for the daily administrative tasks which assures a well-managed and well-organized organization. He/she will oversee office operations, assist with program service including camps and other activities, maintain website, develop and manage social media programs. Individual recommends changes in office practice and procedures. The Office Manager is a critical team member whose focus is to ensure the efficient operations of the organization.
As this is a remote position, independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Employee will need to provide his/her own personal computer with MS Office suite, printer, internet access, and phone line.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Handle phone, email and postal mail inquiries and respond appropriately.
· Oversee dissemination of promotional materials and press releases on a regular basis.
· Assist with basic finance operations (filing, requests from accountants etc.).
· Manage and execute special projects as assigned.
· Act as a project manager for special projects which may include: planning and coordinating presentations and special event planning.
· Coordinate the planning of the youth camps, including camp registrations, lodging, transportation and specific details to make camps run smoothly.
· Maintain files, donor databases as well as other recordkeeping information.
· Maintain the HHYF website including posting news articles, updating contacts and links, etc. as well as managing its Search Engine Optimization.
· Plan, manage and implement all social media activities including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
· Coordinate e-newsletter compilation and distribution.
· All other duties as assigned.
Note: The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in business administration/office management/marketing.
· Ability to self-manage and work with little day to day supervision.
· Capable of managing multiple projects at the same time.
· Strong interpersonal skills and work well with other staff members and trustees.
· Strong writing and communication skills.
· High level of flexibility and time management.
· Represents the organization in a professional manner.
· Comfortable speaking to clients, vendors, donors, etc.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Strong knowledge of social media landscapes, networks, toolsets.
· Strong knowledge of website management is a plus.
Physical & Mental Demands
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, type and engage in repetitive motion. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or grasp. The employee is intermittently required to stoop or crouch; push or pull; or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and intermittently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Harness Horse Youth Foundation is a charitable 501(c)3 organization dedicated to providing young people and their families educational opportunities with harness horses, in order to foster the next generation of participants and fans. The Foundation has been making a difference in young people’s lives since 1976, and its programs include interactive learning experiences with these versatile animals, scholarship programs, and creation and distribution of educational materials.
EMail this Story to a friend